I am not sure if I’ve told everyone that my progesterone is low…Dave asked Dr. Pruna to check it last week, and it was 9.6 (normal first trimester is 11-45, whatever that means…) so she started me on a progesterone suppository (yuck) every 12 hours… SO, whatever stress was averted by not have ultrasounds every two weeks has been supplanted by the constant reminder every 12 hours that I still have a problematic pregnancy. Ryan read me a bunch of studies that reported that women exactly like me have had significantly decreased incidence of miscarriage when supplementing progesterone – and if anyone doesn’t know why that is important, if it gets too low your body can abort the pregnancy. SO, it is entirely possible that this is what went wrong 2 of the last 3 times was a progesterone deficiency (of course, there’s no way to know for sure).
I’ve been on the progesterone for almost a week and yesterday it became apparent that I’m experiencing some of the side effects from it. I laid in bed and sorted out my divorce for about 45 minutes following an incident with my soon-to-be-ex-husband wherein I asked for a clementine and he (in response to me assaulting his manhood by highlighting the fact that he does not understanding nor care about the NCAA playoffs) refused to get it for me. So, I cried for another hour after that because I really want my tattoo removed. Then I decided that I was hungry for popcorn chicken and strawberry ice cream (after I couldn’t eat the delicious smelling pork tenderloin Denise cooked because of wicked nausea) and Dave, from a place of guilt and fear, took me to Wal-Mart to get food. I cried from the doorstep to doorstep because it was colder outside than I remembered it being (we’ve had 60 degree days!!), and I’m SO tired of the cold! Anyway, food made everything better….I opened the gallon of ice cream on the way home and scraped the top layer off with nothing but my teeth. Yummy!
We’ve been working in the garage/backyard all day trying to prepare for our 50 baby chicks and bees and I flopped all over the map around food – I was nauseated and couldn’t stomach the though of eating and then hunger set in and I festered a really good resentment with Paul (the best man) over not showing up with pizza in a timely manner. So far this afternoon I’ve been eating golden oreos and I am thinking mac-n-cheese for dinner but the winds of change may blow through before I can finish making it. This back and forth is so exhausting.
Today is day 53. Baby is the size of a raspberry! I haven’t gained any weight (actually still holding off the few pounds I’ve lost) but my belly is definitely thickening up. There’s this subtly hardened roundness that used to not be there….
Love you all!
TTFN!
LOVE YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment