FACT: Mom has been gone WAY too long. Let us never allow her to leave for 10 days again. 7 is my limit.
FACT: It is nearly 8am and I have already thrown up once today.
FACT: Last night my husband and I ordered 50 chicks!
So, I had my first ultrasound last Friday. I was supposed to see my MD after that but we canceled the appointment because the ultrasound revealed very little – which is completely normal for 5ish weeks. Dr. Pruna (not my primary, but the one who did the DNE last September) wants to see me on Friday following another ultrasound, but I’m pretty resolved that I don’t want it. I completely panicked before the last one, and the bottom line is that until we are out of the first trimester, there’s nothing that can be done, SO we’re going to find out that a) everything is ok, or b) everything is not ok. Either way, I don’t think I can hold my breath between ultrasounds. Dave and I have decided that we want to just act like everything is ok. The calmer I am, the better off everyone is going to be (including the baby). So, I just have to convince my Dr to let me make those decisions. I totally understand that they want to keep a close eye on me, but I think my energy would be better served if I put it in God’s hands, rather than my Doctor’s.
My baby app (on the iTouch) says that today is day 43. 6 weeks, 1 day. Baby is the size of a blueberry. :)
This morning, in addition to fighting major nausea that I am afraid I will have to succumb to again before the end of this email, I am ordering bees. So, by the end of the month we will have bees and chicks. I went to NOFA Winter Conference with Dave this past weekend (which is the Northeast Organic Farmer’s Association) and went to a most interesting talk by a mushroom expert who I am actually taking a class with in May to learn how to inoculate wood and straw and the like so that I can grow mushrooms on our farm! Anyway, he said that you should never never never eat raw mushrooms. And he has a PhD! He said some biochemical things that I can’t remember anymore, but finished with “and as a rule you should just never put anything into your body whose purpose in life is to decompose”. He said that you should always heat them if only a little. I’ll have more specifics after the course in May. Oh, he also talked about the most awesome medicinal properties of mushrooms and their cancer-fighting qualities. There are all kinds of mushroom tea that can be really good for your digestive system/immune system, but unfortunately, not for me while I’m preggars! I’ve actually been drinking Kombucha for a while and I love it (prior to acquiring my parasite). So, if you know someone who is fighting cancer, you should pass that information along.
So, its thesis writing time. I’ve stalled enough.
I say Good Day!
Love,
Shass
PS. Winston LOVES his puppy day-care! He’s only been a few times but I think he likes roughing up the other pups! At least, when he gets home, he is one tuckered out little pooch! But, he hasn’t been today! So for this entire email, he’s been sitting at my feet barking at me. So cute/annoying/gonna have to kill him.
PSS. I seem to be losing weight. Not much, just a few pounds.
PSSSssss I have attached a picture of Mr. Winston and me on this fine Wednesday morning. XOXO!

No comments:
Post a Comment