Sunday, March 14, 2010

just a few things to add...

Just a few things to add:

  1. We caved in and bought a memory foam top for the bed. It seems like for the past month, neither of us have been sleeping well at all. (I actually bought it during Wal-Mart-pukarama Friday night). We put it on the bed (its 4 inches thick!!!) and it smelled so bad that we couldn’t stand to sleep on it! I guess it just needs to air out because it’s essentially been crammed without air into this package so that it would fit into a reasonably sized box. Anyway, my sense of smell has definitely kicked up because even last night we tried it out, and although Dave couldn’t smell anything, the scent was wicked strong to me. It smells the very same as an inverter that you’ve plugged a flatiron into that slightly exceeds the inverter’s voltage capacity – minus the smoke. And if you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’re obviously not a girl with long hair that likes to go camping…..
  2. I need a new inverter for my car. Great birthday or Christmas gift idea….
  3. I made 2.5lbs of Sloppy-Joe-Ranch-Burgers last night. It was all that I thought sounded good. And this morning I had a BLT for breakfast. Currently, I am practicing amazing restraint with a block of angel food cake. Plain water is gross this last week, but lemonade is where it’s at! And I can hardly stomach coffee anymore (which I guess is a good thing).
  4. I may actually FINALLY be a candidate for a job. I’m trying to not get too excited, but I’ve been applying for a bunch of Federal Jobs, and have not heard a word back at all until Friday – I got manual correspondence from a woman requesting my transcripts. She sent the email herself (which most Federal Job Apps are all automated and online and very robotic) and asked that I fax/email/mail my transcripts directly to her. It would be a pretty cool job – and if I get a call back or an interview I’ll fill everyone in on what it actually is. I’m a perfect fit for it, but try convincing them of that……

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment