Today is day 72 and the baby has grown from the size of a prune (last week) to a lime!
We had an ultrasound last week because I freaked out (for no reason - just nerves) and I've attached the images - Joe (our usual ultrasound tech) said that we have the most photogenic 9+ week pregnancy he's ever seen! Baby's heart was beating strong at 180 beats per minute (#1)...and we could even see the baby's face (#2 - baby is laying on its side and you can see both hemispheres of the brain and both eye sockets, the nose bud, and the mandible)!!! You might have to turn your head sideways to the right to really see it all...
I'm also attaching a picture of the baby laying on its side with the blood flow to the heart and umbilical cord visualized (#3 those are the solid circles in the baby's abdomen) and a lateral picture (#4) of baby showing the crown to rump measurement = 9 weeks 4 days! Finally, the last picture is top-down from the baby's head showing an arm stretched out in front of the baby's torso (#5)! Its all SO exciting!
I have my first prenatal appointment tomorrow afternoon and my nurse told me that she thinks that at 10 weeks (which I am past now) I can go off the progesterone (which I am a little afraid of) but I trust my MD/OB so we'll probably just go with whatever she says. I do completely trust her. She was not in the office the day last week when I called crying to request the ultrasound, so my nurse asked my Primary to order it, and after the ultrasound he called me himself (which he does usually - Dr. Fredrichs) and congratulated us on a perfectly normal and healthy 9 1/2 week pregnancy!
Wow - we are really lucky to have access to the care we do. I am very blessed.
So, the chicks are growing FAST and a few days ago Dave ordered a custom shed that he will transform into a coupe! Winston's mouth waters every time he gets near the chicks and he's gained amazing balance standing on his two hind legs (that's the only way he can see into the chick pen). He's so funny..... He still goes to daycare about one day a week, and last week when Dave went to pick him up he was able to watch him play for a spell, and he said that Winston was in the play room with about 30 other 'small' dogs (up to 15 pounds, I think). Winston and three other dogs were in the corner standing and watching all the other dogs play, and when the attendant turned his back Winston full-force threw himself at the 10lb terrier next to him and started growling and nibbling on the terrier's neck. Dave said that Winston was on two legs with his two front legs wrapped around the terrier's neck just going nuts! Dave said the poor terrier was just slowly trying to back away -- so I think my pup is a bully! But Dave was very clear that Winston was playing, and was even conniving about it...waiting until the attendant turned his back! My little mischievous pup!
I'm speaking at EASYPAA weekend after next - that is the Eastern Area of Young People in AA and its in Burlington Vermont. This conference includes all the states east of the Mississippi - last year it was in Long Island and there were about 1500 people there. I'm speaking at the women's meeting...I've also been invited to speak at the 2010 AA World Convention in San Antonio...which is quite an honor. I'm not sure how I got chosen out of all the young people across the world, but I'm one of 6. Crazy! So, Mom is going with me and Eme is joining us and I might even have a few friends in tow from NH! That'll be July 4th weekend so I'm really looking forward to a brief visit to Dallas! My big trip home is planned for August - around another speaking opportunity that is actually in Hot Springs! I'm going to try to spend the entire month of August in Hot Springs/Dallas...and can you even imagine I'll be nearly 8 months pregnant! I'll be huge! And it'll be sweltering in the South! Anyways, I'm looking forward to a good trip home.
I guess that's all I have to report... Oh, the vomiting isn't as bad as it was but the nausea seems to persist 24/7. What I eat is totally all over the map - lately I love hot dogs and cheese sandwiches with hots! And today I had a salad for lunch and then a fudge brownie sundae! So good!
Ok - back to work.
Love you all!
Mrs. Smith






No comments:
Post a Comment