Thursday, February 25, 2010

So the paranoia has set in...

I’ve been looking for blood all morning. For some reason, emailing you guys helps me feel better. Maybe because no one loves me more or is more concerned for my well-being than ya’ll.

SO, I’ve decided I want to start an email diary. It’s a group project. If you reply, reply all! I am believing that this baby will happen, and I want to share every moment with you guys. It brings me comfort to tell someone each little thing that is going on, because Dave and I have decided only to tell the bare minimum of people – at least for the next few months.

I think we conceived on 2-9. Estimated due date based on my last cycle (albeit a little irregular – 1-23) is October 30! I found out Saturday night – I decided to take a test because I was a little queasy Friday night after dinner – which was the third time that had happened last week. On a scale of 0 to vomit (which I’ll call a 10), I was at about a 2.

Test Saturday was positive. It was the faintest line I’ve ever seen. Acute onset of panic followed. Subsided within the hour.

2nd test Sunday morning. The line was a little darker. We’ve actually kept both tests. I have one on my nightstand that I look at multiple times a day, I guess just to prove to myself that it is real.

So, I called Dr. Fredrichs first thing Monday morning. My nurse (whose been through it all with me since Day 1), Mary Brewer, called me back and said that he wants to see me 3-9 and we’ll be having an ultrasound! I am literally counting down the days.

I’ve felt queasy a few times this week, this moment included. It’s really early for that, but I’m taking it as a good sign. Vomit rating scale – still at about a 2.

I’m diligently taking my prenatal every morning (have been for 3-4 months) along with an antioxidant, additional folic acid, and at night I take calcium. Oh, and fish oil both am and pm.

I started yoga yesterday. I felt pretty sore this morning (in my thighs and neck), but I went back for another class this morning. It’s very relaxing and to a degree it’s like meditating for an extra 1 ½ hours! Today I took Angela with me and it was really comforting to have her companionship and support. This afternoon I’m less sore in my legs and neck but a little moreso in my abdomen. I took it very easy and even told the instructor I was prego so she could tell me which moves to do/not do/do carefully. Mostly, I’m so completely out of shape that any exercise, however mild, is gonna make me a little sore.

We also took Winston for his puppy daycare evaluation today. I’ve only called to check on him once, although I’ve been fighting the urge all morning. I almost cried on the way home from leaving him – crimony! Dave is picking him up now and I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HIM! I know that some ½ days here and there are going to be really good for him – he has SO much puppy energy and since I’m working from home for more than half of the week, its been really difficult to get anything done because he wants/needs constant attention. He’s pretty much the Alpha dog of the entire household! When I checked on him earlier, they said that he was in the playroom with other puppies his size and that he was running around and socializing and appearing to have a great time. He’s probably been trying to convince all the other pups that he’s the DIC – Dog in Charge. He sure thinks he’s a big man…..

I think that’s all I have to report.

Love you all!

Shass

No comments:

Post a Comment